Tuesday, June 9, 2009

new beginnings!

following the completion of my sophomore year @ NYU, it became painfully clear to me that i needed to drop the slacker attitude and get my shit together over the summer.

so the first thing i decided to tackle was anatomy (my archilles heel!).

after reading willy pogany's the art of drawing and barrington barber's the basics of drawing, i made a couple of homely sketches based on pogany's studies:



my plan is to get a good feel for how figure drawing works before attempting life drawing. after that, i'll hopefully feel confident enough to start working on a sequential art project that i've wanted to do for the past 3 years.

i'm pretty impatient when it comes to making progress so i've vowed to draw every day of the summer to maximize the results.

fingers crossed that it'll pay off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment